This tour is a showcase for the East of North America.
The vibrancy and bright lights of Niagara Falls, Toronto and Montreal show off Canada at its exciting best, Ottawa, Halifax and Boston combine the old and new, with historical buildings sitting alongside gleaming skyscrapers. Charlottetown, Sydney and Bar Harbor reflect a slower pace of life, giving an opportunity to enjoy the stunning scenery.
All combined with a relaxing cruise with Holland America, experience North America from a different perspective.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Niagara Falls
- 2 nights in Toronto
- 2 nights in Ottawa
- 1 night in Montreal
- 7 night cruise from Montreal to Boston
- 1 night in Boston
- Door-to-door pick up service
- City Tours of Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Boston
- Entrance to CN Tower
- Cruising along the Gulf of St Lawrence onboard Holland America Line on a full board basis
- London to Toronto and Niagara Falls Your door-to-door driver chauffeurs you to London Heathrow for your non-stop flight to Toronto with British Airways. Continue to Niagara Falls and the 4♦ Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Niagara Falls Make the most of a free day in Niagara today, if you don’t mind getting wet take a ride into the falls.
- Niagara Falls to Toronto Leave Niagara Falls this morning as we follow the shore of Lake Ontario towards Toronto. Stop on the way to get spectacular views of the falls from the air on an optional helicopter flight. Journey through the historic area of Queenston Heights and then on to Niagara on the Lake with its many wineries. Arrive in Toronto and check in at the 4♦ Sheraton Centre Hotel.
- Toronto See the heart of Canada’s financial centre as we tour the financial and commercial districts, as well as the city provincial government building. A visit to the CN Tower, with entry included, offers a unique photo opportunity on this morning’s tour. Afternoon at leisure.
- Toronto to Ottawa Stopping in Kingston, site of the Thousand Islands Parkway, journey to Canada’s capital, where the 4♦ Lord Elgin Hotel awaits you.
- Ottawa A morning tour of Canada’s capital city highlights it’s many attractions, including the Parliament buildings and the National War Memorial. The afternoon is free.
- Ottawa to Montréal Weave through the rural countryside as we head to Montréal. On arrival the Mont-Royal Park, old Montréal, Notre-Dame Basilica and the Olympic Park are on this afternoon’s tour. Overnight at the 4♦ Delta Centre-Ville.
- Montréal/Cruise Morning at leisure before heading to the cruise terminal to join your 5♦ Holland America cruise ship, the ms Maasdam.
- Québec City Arrive early morning in Québec City. The day is free here to explore.
- Gulf of St Lawrence Enjoy a relaxing day on board.
- Charlottetown Prince Edward Island may be Canada’s smallest province, but capital Charlottetown has plenty to offer. Here, learn more about Anne of Green Gables.
- Sydney Today cruise into the port of Sydney. Spend the day taking in some of the most dramatic and unspoilt scenery in North America on one of the optional tours.
- Halifax The town of Halifax is today’s port of call. With its Citadel and Titanic Museum and the nearby picturesque villages of Peggy’s Cove and Lunenburg there is no shortage of ways to spend your day on shore.
- Bar Harbour Step ashore in America this morning, as we arrive in Bar Harbor.
- Boston Disembark in Boston this morning, then enjoy a city tour learning about Boston’s diverse history. Overnight at the 4♦ Westin Copley Place or the 4♦ Hilton Boston Back Bay. B
- Boston and flight home Time at leisure before your return flight to the UK with British Airways.
- London Heathrow When you arrive at London Heathrow, your door-to-door driver will take you home.
We suggest you pack sturdy footwear and warm clothes, as well as your more formal wear for your stay on board the cruise ship. Many of the optional excursions include walking.
Remember you will need to carry US and Canadian currency for this cross border tour. A gratuity of US $11.50 per person per day will be added to your shipboard account for dining and state room service.
Please note that you are required to obtain an ESTA for entry into the United States. Holland America do request that you check-in online prior to leaving the UK and also optional excursions whilst on the cruise can be pre-booked online too.
Tailor Your Tour
Spend extra nights in Boston from £82 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room (single supplement from £82).
Departure transfers, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to a Falls View room in Niagara Falls from £20 (single supplement from £20).
Upgrade to British Airways World Traveller Plus from £345 or Club World from £2,595.
Departure dates and prices:
|June 2013||Saturday 8th||£2,995|
|September 2013||Saturday 14th||£3,295|
|June 2014||Saturday 7th||£3,025|
|September 2014||Saturday 13th||£3,325|